My Photo
Name:
Location: Montgomery Area, Alabama, United States

Former BUFF driver; self-styled military historian; paid (a lot) to write about beating plowshares into swords; NOT Foamy the Squirrel, contrary to all appearances. Wesleyan Jihadi Name: Sibling Railgun of Reasoned Discourse

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Christian Carnival CXXIV


I inadvertantly dropped off their mailing list and so have not been getting notices about Christian Carnivals for several weeks. Nonetheless, I'm back up to speed now and the latest carnival is up at Parableman.

I haven't had time to peruse most of the articles yet, but this one caught my eye: "The Bible Wasn't Written to You." See if you agree with the author's argument. I agree with him about reading for context, but I don't know that I entirely accept his central thesis. All the Bible's parts are divinely inspired and profitable and the evolution (and reform) of doctrine over the ages has frequently centered on relatively small snippets of scripture or arguments taken out of the context their original recipients would have understood. Still, a well done post.

Check out the whole thing.

Monk

<< Home