My Photo
Name:
Location: Montgomery Area, Alabama, United States

Former BUFF driver; self-styled military historian; paid (a lot) to write about beating plowshares into swords; NOT Foamy the Squirrel, contrary to all appearances. Wesleyan Jihadi Name: Sibling Railgun of Reasoned Discourse

Friday, September 23, 2005

Pledge No Mo', Part 3

______Legal_____________________________Illegal________________









Correspondent Kanh responds to Chefjef's amicus brief for the Ninth Circuit Court of appeals:

OK, so let me get this straight: We can think the pledge, but not say it. At least in a government facility.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I spent 16 years in CA public schools. No one was forced to say the pledge or stand on Fridays when the Star Spangled Banner was played. As I recall, this atheist (by the way, from Elk Grove, not far from my home) doesn't want it recited so his daughter is not embarrassed when she (or when he tells her not to) doesn't participate, because the majority want to recite the pledge and she would be by herself in her convictions. So everyone else must set aside their beliefs for her unbelief? Because this man and his daughter's convictions are not strong enough to withstand the possibility of a little ridicule?

Come on! This is a person forcing his values on others (the majority of people). Maybe I'm naive, but I think when I learned the Bill of Rights, in a CA school, there was something about free speech...not free thought. I also question... if God does not exist what does it matter?!

Atheism is fascinating to me. Most that claim to be atheist are generally pretty intelligent people. I can almost understand being agnostic (at least they are allowing the possibility of something bigger than themselves), but claiming out right that God does not exist proves he does! I wonder why this man cares, if there is no God. What does it matter? Why fight any fight? What makes one choice right and another wrong? There would be no moral compass, no guiding light, no reason for any of this! One of my Christian heroes, C.S. Lewis, said this of himself when he was an atheist..."No word in my vocabulary expressed deeper hatred than the word INTERFERENCE". I think that is at the heart of all atheism. They don't want God because they don't want His interference; they want it their way.
So what makes this mans way more important than mine, if there is no God? What distinguishes one philosophy over another? There would be no reason, which by the way, God hard-wired in all of us so we would seek HIM.

Lewis wrote,

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arose it, to suggest the real thing."

I suggest this man is, in his trying to interfere with others' beliefs with his legal battles, and self glorification, is only trying to falsely satisfy that which God has placed in him. I pray he is never satisfied until he find the "bread of life". We (believers) must pray for this man, his daughter, and the ninth court that they all find their hearts desire.

IHL,

KANH

<< Home