My Photo
Name:
Location: Montgomery Area, Alabama, United States

Former BUFF driver; self-styled military historian; paid (a lot) to write about beating plowshares into swords; NOT Foamy the Squirrel, contrary to all appearances. Wesleyan Jihadi Name: Sibling Railgun of Reasoned Discourse

Friday, December 09, 2005

The State You're In...


Credit VaA correspondent and Official Spiritual Advisor Rev Nolan Dynamite and his lovely and mysterious* soon-to-be-better-half for the following bit of fun:

bold the states you've been to, underline the states you've lived in and italicize the state you're in now...

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C. /

Go HERE to have a form generate the HTML for you.

In my case, I counted states that I had spent an aggregate of six months or more in as having "lived" there -- this accounts for FL, NV, and TN (as a kid), lest Yhe KANH!!!! should call me to account for them. If I can't be said to have "lived" in Nevada when the Las Vegas Emerald Suites Nellis sends me Christmas cards every year, I don't know who can. (I called them last week and they have me booked for three TDYs totaling two months worth of stays, with my credit card info and suite preferences already on account!)

We could do this with countries too and it might be fun, although the young correspondents I got this from may not have long lists yet:

Belgium, France, Germany (at the time, West...) Great Britain, Honduras, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, and the US of A.

My list will get longer come the end of December. More on that to follow.

PS: I guess I really am a Southern boy: It's always been "coke" to me.

Monk

* "Mysterious" not just because she doubtless wants to remain so, as all women do, but because the right Reverend has thus far failed to tell us boo-diddly-squat about her....

Update: Nolan Dynamite found another cool tool that shows the states you've been in. He has way too much time on his hands these days.... Just wait 'til you're married, buddy!



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

There is also a way to generate a similar map of countries visited, but I'll hold off on posting that until after the first of the year, because my list will be more impressive then. ....developing.....

Monk

<< Home